Appointments: Ph 267 8702
Life threatening situations call 111
Please note: This is for regular Registered Patients only. Standard 15 minute consults only with your own registered doctor. Not for Minor Surgeries, Immigration Medicals, Immunisations, Cervical Smears or extended consultations.
Welcome to Greenstone Family Clinic
Our aim is to provide user friendly, patient orientated care in a clinic which values continued learning for both staff and patients.
Our General Practice is located on the second floor of 157 Great South Road Manurewa. The building is known as Northcrest (Manurewa Medical Centre building) and there is a large, free car park behind. An elevator is located opposite the inside entrance to the Amcal Manurewa Pharmacy (formerly Eleanor Hawthorne Pharmacy).
Practice Opening Times
Consulting times are from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday. To book appointments, our telephone lines are open from 8:00am to 6:00pm, during weekdays, and 8:30am to midday during Saturdays.
Greenstone runs a daily Urgent Care Clinic with limited appointments for those who require urgent medical attention. In our Urgent Care Clinic you will be seen by one of our experienced nursing team. These appointments are short and for one urgent medical issue only.
Randwick Park Outreach clinic every Tuesday, 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Randwick Park Community House, 137-139 Shifnal Drive, Randwick Park. Phone for an appointment: 09 267 8702.
- Minimum staff are available on Saturdays and you may not be able to see your own doctor.
- Appointment slots for Saturday are very limited, so we try to keep appointments for patients who need urgent medical attention.
- Ask reception about available appointments
Medical advice round the clock
If you need medical assistance after hours just phone our usual practice number (267 8702) free of charge, and you will be connected to an experienced registered nurse who will offer you medical advice and support. If you require face to face care from a medical professional and cannot wait until the practice is open, the nurse will advise you how and where to receive this after hours care nearest to you.
- Children consultation fee (for 0-17 years old) is free when enrolled with the practice.
- Consultation Fee for enrolled patients 18+ years old who are in an educational programme is $10.00 (proof of enrolment, i.e., school ID needs to be sighted by reception)
- Adult consultation fee for enrolled patients is $17 with or without Community Services Card
Check with reception for other fees / charges.
Help us keep our fees low
We are keen to make access to good medical care affordable to all. To enable us to keep our fees low we need patients to be enrolled with 'Greenstone Family Clinic'. If you are not yet enrolled with us, or if you have family and friends who would like to enrol, just drop by for two minutes and complete an enrolment form or ask us to mail one out.
How we work
Most patients see one of us on most occasions. If you have some difficult issues we often ask one or more of the other doctors to come in to see if they can help. We feel this offers better care for you.
If you cannot see your usual doctor on the day that you wish, we encourage you to see one of the other doctors. We work as a team and feel very happy about patients seeing other doctors in the clinic. You are also always welcome to ask for a second opinion either within our group of doctors or from doctors outside of our clinic.
We provide a full range of general practice services including:
- skin clinic
- children's health
- ear clinic
- more information on these clinics
- sleep clinic
- minor surgery
- liquid nitrogen for warts etc
- immigration and insurance checks
- sexual health and birth control
- referrals to the public health system through Middlemore Hospital and the Manukau Superclinic as well as a wide range of private specialists
- Smoking cessation:
- We are keen to help smokers quit and we use numerous approaches. Ask us about this NOW.
- Diabetes checks:
- Free annual nurse reviews of all patients with diabetes. Make an appointment with our nurse NOW.
- For those under stress we have a particular interest in depression and anxiety. Make an appointment NOW.
- Green prescriptions for promoting exercise. Talk to us about this NOW.
- Heart health checks:
- Risk assessment for developing heart disease. Get checked NOW.
- Weight Loss:
- We run regular successful weight loss groups. Ask us about this NOW.
You may be aware that we have GP registrars working in our clinic. They are doctors who have finished their medical school training and done at least two years work in hospitals. They are specialising in general practice and are a welcome addition to our team.
We like having the registrars as they are good role models for the students who work and train in our clinic and they bring with them new ideas. It is also a chance for them to become familiar with the area and many of them come back and work in the nearby practices.
Students & research
From time to time we have doctors in training from the Auckland Medical School. We feel that having students in the practice keeps us up to date with all the new medical developments. This improves the care we give to you and trains a future generation of health professionals.
We hope you will assist in this process by agreeing to be seen by the trainees if offered the opportunity. A fully qualified doctor will always see you as part of that training. You are entitled at any time to decline to have a student interview you.
We are also involved with research which we feel is another means by which we can give you better care. It helps us learn about our patients and to explore new frontiers in health.
We find a UK website called www.patient.co.uk to be very good for a wide variety of health conditions.
Other services in our building
- Audiology (hearing) clinic on our floor
- Optometry (eye) clinic on the first floor
- LabTests on the ground floor
- Pharmacy on the ground floor
Next: Our Mission and Values.